Visa – is an official (in the form of a special document or a mark in a foreign passport) permission enter Ukraine for a certain period.
One of the key documents for opening a visa is an invitation that is drawn up individual or legal entity that acts as a host for a foreigner.
Types of visas for foreigners in Ukraine:
- Short term visa C
- Long-term visa D
- Visa on arrival
Short-term visa C allows the holder to stay in Ukraine for a certain period of time, in depending on the duration of the visa. This category, in accordance with the purpose of the visa holder’s trip, may be:
- Single entry – allows a foreigner to enter and leave the country once
- Double – allows a foreigner to visit the country twice during the visa validity period
- Multiple – allows a foreigner to visit the country many times and stay in Ukraine no more than 90 days within six months.
Long-term visa D is issued to persons who are allowed to study, work or reside permanently in Ukraine. This category, in accordance with the purpose of the visa holder’s trip, may be:
- Single – for those foreigners who must be in Ukraine certain the amount of time for a particular purpose, after which they must leave the country.
- Multiple – allows a foreigner to enter / leave the country an unlimited number time and free to move around Ukraine.
Visa on arrival – issued to a foreigner whose purpose is a tourist or business visit Of Ukraine. Issued for a period of 15 days without further renewal.
Procedure of invitation issuing for visa to Ukraine
If you want to get an invitation for short term Visa C as a foreign guest to Ukraine you will have to make a few steps. First of them is collecting the documents, prescribed below:
- Your passport or other identifying document copy (good scan or photo is needed);
- Your direct dates of visit to Ukraine (needed for invitation);
- Your place of stay (hotel or flat adress) or if you want we provide it;
- Information that you have financial ability to cover the costs of stay in Ukraine smth like 1-2 thousand USD;
- Insuarance that cover health injuries in Ukraine.
- Invitation to Ukraine (business or private)
Afterwards we will have to fill in an application form for Embassy in your Country. It’s example may be found on the Internet web site of Ukraine VFS or Ministry of foreign affairs. Be very careful if filling in the blank by yourself, as any mistake is a ground for refusal in giving you the invitation.
The applications for invitations are usually examined during 20 days. This term can be shortened up to 10 days for double payment. There are some categories of citizens who are free from fee.
Short and long-term visas generally cover a period ranging from 90 to 180 days (3 months to 6 months).
So just the following documents are required to process a visa application:
- The client’s passport
- A duly completed visa application
- Four passport photos (3.5 x 4.5 cm)
- Proof of health insurance coverage
- Copies of the client’s bank statements proving they can sustain themselves for the duration of their stay in Ukrainian territory
Additional documentation might be required on a case-by-case basis or can be easiely provided by our company SLA Migration, and depending on the client’s country of origin.